50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

February 23, 2012 - QOTD

Post  Scat Damon on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Question

In your six-max game online, with blinds at $1/2 the player under the gun raises to $8. You call on the button with J♥J♦ and the small blind folds. The big blind calls and the flop comes T♥ 7♠ 4♠. The big blind checks as does the guy under the gun. You bet $16 and the big blind raises to $40. Under the gun folds.

Correct Answer: Raise

First things first, don't fold. Because you bet on the button after the original raiser had checked it makes your hand look significantly more like a bluff than if you were the pre-flop raiser. That leaves calling or raising. So weigh the chance that your opponent will keep bluffing vs. the chance your opponent will stack off with a ten here to decide what to do. Against a fish I'd be more willing to raise-get-it-in because they love stacking off with pairs.

Admin

Total League Winnings : 214

View user profile http://glpl.webstarts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 23, 2012 - QOTD

Post  Trent on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Definatly a good question, I voted call just because your opponent has a 10 or maybe even a draw, and I don't want to scare him off if he has a ten with a big shove. The only hand you rly have to worry about here is a luckily flopped set.

Trent
Admin

Total League Winnings : 275

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scat Damon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah, the only problem I have with calling is if he is on a draw then he sees the next card essentially for free, i'd rather push him off a draw, and he'd prolly call with his ten, so I feel like raising is a win win, unless of course he has a set like you said, but no turn is gonna change your mind on that

Admin

Total League Winnings : 214

View user profile http://glpl.webstarts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down