0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

February 9, 2012 - QOTD

Post  Scat Damon on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Question

Six-handed, blinds at $1/2, it's folded to the short-stack in the cut-off. He raises to $6 and you three-bet to $20 from the small blind with K♥K♠. He calls and the flop comes 3♠ A♦ 8♥.

Correct Answer: Check/Fold

This is a very bad flop for you. Your opponent is so short stacked that if you bet, it has to be for all his chips. But if you do bet, your opponent is very rarely calling with worse for all his chips. So check and fold if he shoves. Sure you may fold the best hand some of the time, but more often than not you're beat here. If you're behind, you don't have much to draw to and it'll cost you 25% of your stack, save it and punish him when you got the best of it.

Admin

Total League Winnings : 214

View user profile http://glpl.webstarts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: February 9, 2012 - QOTD

Post  Scat Damon on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:56 pm

I really liked this question, it seems like such a tough lay down, and one that I don't think many people would make, but I cant see him shoving on an A high board after your pre-flop three bet in early position and then check with no draws out there, I mean he's gotta think you're more likely to call then fold.

Admin

Total League Winnings : 214

View user profile http://glpl.webstarts.com

Back to top Go down